About the National Student Leadership Conference:
The NSLC’s Nursing program is a 9-day conference at the University of California in Los Angeles that exposes talented high school students to the vast world of the music industry. Under the guidance of their Teaching Assistants, students will explore fundamental skills of composition, learn studio software & practice essential music production skills. We are seeking individuals with relevant academic and leadership experience to work with high school students and assist with residential life and administration.
Teaching Assistants guide students through their NSLC experience. Each TA is responsible for a small group of 12-16 students. TAs arrive on-site 5 days before student arrival to participate in a mandatory 4-day orientation & training. This training runs from 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM daily. Following training, TAs will work for 9-day sessions with a 3-day break in between. TAs work very long days and are expected to be ready to assist students at any point during the program. A typical day lasts from 9:00 AM – 10:30 PM.
- Lead small group discussions and debriefings
- Teach academic and leadership sessions, as well as set up and break-down activities
- Assist administrative staff, professionals, and leadership facilitators with program components
- Serve as a chaperone during off-campus trips and evening social activities
- Reside in the dormitory on the same floors as students, serving as a Resident Advisor
- TAs are generally current college students with a background and interest in the field of music industry & production
- NSLC has a primary focus on leadership development. Applicants should have leadership experience and/or training
- Our programs include TA-led sessions that require appropriate educational backgrounds and work/volunteer/intern experience
TAs will be paid $900 at the end of each session. The NSLC pays for room & board, meals during sessions (most of which are eaten in the dining hall on campus), and transportation to and from the conference.